Why an AI & Automation Diagnostic?
We focus on increasing productivity by helping people do their jobs faster, using technology, notably by automating tasks (partially or fully). When a software tool fails to do this (or could do it better), this is when we intervene to find out what the problem is and how to solve it.
Leaders hire us to perform an AI & Automation Diagnostic of their organization to solve the following problems:
- Tool that does not work as desired or that employees don't like (too slow, too cumbersome)
- Tool that is missing some functionality, and therefore requires other tool (e.g. Excel)
- Time wasted due to multiple entry of same data in different tools and systems
- Workflows and tasks that are repeated regularly (e.g. same output generated each time) and take time to perform
- Unclear applications of AI & Automation and appropriate strategy (for large companies)
The goal of the diagnostic is to help our clients:
- Understand the roots of problems (causes and consequences for ecosystem around it)
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of systems, processes, strategies, and organization
- Provide concrete and feasible ways to improve, ordered by priority level
In an AI & Automation Diagnostic, we focus on one or a few business functions. This can be customer management, billing & payments, payroll, consumer analytics, or others. We address the following topics:
- Understanding of business function and associated processes
- Mapping of business function, processes, tools, users
- Inventory of IT Systems & Tools (hardware, software, ERP, AI & Automation, specialized tools)
- Data Inventory
- People & Organization
Process & Deliverables
The duration of an AI & Automation Diagnostic varies, based on the size of the organization and required level of depth. For a small business (less than 50 people), it can be done in 2-3 days. For a division of a large corporation, it can take 2+ weeks.
We present our findings during an in-person meeting and in a written report.
As with all our diagnostics, the AI & Automation Diagnostic includes individual interviews, group meetings, and independent examination, all conducted on site at the client. The meetings parts of the Diagnostic are often combined with an Executive Workshop in order to save time and deliver more value for the diagnostic participants involved. The Executive Workshop enables to share more expert knowledge and examples and have more time to answer client questions about the diagnostic topics.
An AI & Automation Diagnostic typically leads to a follow-on project of Solution Design & Implementation to fix some of the problems identified in the diagnostic.