We conduct comprehensive diagnostics in topics related to information technologies for organizations of all sizes. Leaders hire us to perform a diagnostic of their organization for two main reasons:
- Solve an existing problem that is currently not well understood
- Assess current performance and identify ways to become better
We focus on corporate functions. Our diagnostics have been the starting point to solve problems such as:
- Software tools that do not work as desired (e.g. too slow, lacking functionalities, cumbersome to use, low adoption rate by employees)
- Time wasted due to inefficient tools and duplication of tasks/processes
- Unclear strategy and priorities
- Rescue of failing IT project
Our diagnostics are comprehensive. We use our multi-disciplinary expertise and experience to diagnose a situation from all angles and provide actionable recommendations:
- Understand the roots of problems (causes and consequences for ecosystem around it)
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of systems, processes, strategies, and organization
- Provide concrete and feasible ways to improve, ordered by priority level
Types of Diagnostics
We offer different types of diagnostics and tailor the list of topics to address in a diagnostic based on the specific needs and objectives of each client.
In all our diagnostics, we use a hands-on, interactive approach combining both interviews and independent examination.
We conduct individual interviews and group meetings with business owners, executives, and operational employees (technical and non-technical). In addition to understanding current practices and systems, our goal is also to assess topic knowledge, identify pain points, and share best practices.
We examine existing systems, tools, and processes on our own, without interfering with client operations. We use 'shadow observations' (observing someone performing tasks) when appropriate.
The duration of an Audit & Diagnostic varies from 1-2 days to 2+ weeks, based on the size of the organization, the number of topics to cover, and the required level of depth.
The meetings part of an Audit & Diagnostic are often combined with an Executive Workshop in order to share more expert knowledge and examples and have more time to answer client questions.
PROCESS & DELIVERABLES
|Diagnostic Questionnaire||Detailed list of diagnostic questions provided to client teams ahead of Actual Diagnostic.|
|Actual Diagnostic||BIG experts come onsite to conduct interviews, meetings, and independent examination.|
|Diagnostic Debrief Meeting||In-person meeting with BIG experts and client leader(s) to discuss key diagnostic findings and hand over Diagnostic Report.|
|Diagnostic Report||Report written by BIG experts to summarize diagnostic results, including key strengths and weaknesses, as well as actionable and prioritized recommandations.|